[tracker2] Latest Tracker3 Firmware?
'Curt, WE7U' curt.we7u@gmail.com [tracker2]
2017-10-20 17:43:48 UTC
My OT3m shows "Firmwware Build 56294" currently.

Showing in otwincfg.exe for the latest Web-based version:

Tracker3 build 57130, 04/18/2015

Is that the latest-latest?
--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Device Capabilities: http://we7u.wetnet.net/aprs_device_capabilities.html
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com
Curt Mills curt.we7u@gmail.com [tracker2]
2017-10-20 18:55:02 UTC
Doesn't matter now, bricked it. I don't think the Tracker3 processor is
getting through boot.

Details: Was Firmware 56294. Threw in Firmware 57130 off the 'net. Otwincfg
said it successfully flashed it but the Tracker3 was never visible to the
S/W again after that.

I also tried plugging it into a Linux desktop. Linux doesn't see the USB
port enumerated when I plug in the cable (It did prior to the flashing).

What to try next?
Curt, WE7U http://we7u.wetnet.net http://www.sarguydigital.com
Joe Della Barba joe@dellabarba.com [tracker2]

2017-10-23 14:19:18 UTC
FYI - When I managed to "brick" mine ages ago, I discovered it never got to
USB boot, but it was accessible with the actual 9 pin serial cable.
Thanks. Will attempt.
Suryono Adisoemarta yono_adisoemarta@yahoo.com [tracker2]
2017-10-20 23:54:13 UTC
Do the failsafe mode , it will reload the default then run otwincfg.

73 de Yono YD0NXX

Sent from my mobile device
2017-10-21 00:19:00 UTC
Tried that earlier today. No LED action no matter what I do.

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u
http://www.sarguydigital.com
Curt, WE7U http://we7u..wetnet.net <http://we7u.wetnet.net>
http://www.sarguydigital.com
Joe Della Barba joe@dellabarba.com [tracker2]

2017-10-23 14:18:36 UTC
Post by Joe Della Barba ***@dellabarba.com [tracker2]
Tried the serial port??
Not yet, but saw your note earlier. May get around to trying that tonight. Thanks!

If that doesn't work, I see a nice vacation in CA coming up for that unit.
--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
"Debating an anti-gunner is like debating an arachnophobe about the importance of spiders in the ecosystem." -Stephen Wright
2017-10-24 16:17:51 UTC
Post by Joe Della Barba ***@dellabarba.com [tracker2]
Tried the serial port??
Did last night. No luck. It's dead.
--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Usage Pages: http://we7u.wetnet.net/usage.html
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com
Scott Miller scott@opentrac.org [tracker2]
2017-10-24 20:50:27 UTC
Hi Curt,

You can send it in and we'll re-flash it.  Or if you're really in a
hurry, I can check if my brother in law still has a MON08 programmer - I
think he's about three miles from you.

Scott
2017-10-24 21:19:41 UTC
You can send it in and we'll re-flash it. Or if you're really in a hurry, I
can check if my brother in law still has a MON08 programmer - I think he's
about three miles from you.
Maybe 3 mi from where I USED to be... I'm still in the area though.

No need to bother him. I'll send it to you with a note.

Could this have been caused by burning a Tracker2 config into a Tracker3, then flashing the Tracker3 with new firmware? That's what I did, in the order I did it. It was the very first time I used the Tracker3. It was new in the box but sitting around for several years in that "new" state. Still had the firmware it had when shipped until I tried to update it.

I see a "Shipping and Returns" address on your website. Will use that one.
--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
U.S. Weather Alerts: Firenet.aprs2.net, port 14580, filter "t/n e/WE7U-WX"

2017-10-25 00:14:36 UTC
None of that should have killed the T2's bootloader.  At least, I don't think
so.  I'll have to read out the contents and see what happened.
It's a T3. I was using a T2 before, so threw the T2 config into the T3.

I sent it out tonight after work. Should be there soon.
--
Curt, WE7U. http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Client Capabilities: http://we7u.wetnet.net/aprs_capabilities.html